Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Smoked Chicken Stir Fry

Another Tex-Asian creation I make with my Hickory Smoked Chicken is this Stir Fry.  I'm gonna slice the Onion and Bell Pepper into large slices, like you would see in a Pepper Steak Stir Fry.  Then also rough chop some Cabbage.  The part of the Chicken that I am using is the Thigh, and I'll use one for this Stir Fry, Chopped.  The Stir Fry Pan is already warming up as I am doing the Sous Chef work.
Stir Fries go fast, and admittedly mine are not as fast as a Stir Fry Chef.  They use big BTUs (Lots of Heat) and I don't have that capacity here.  So, mine cook slower, but I think the end result is close to the same.
We'll get the Bell Pepper, Mushroom, and Onion in the pan first.  They need more time to cook than the Cabbage, and the Chicken is already cooked.  Keep the Stir Fry moving, otherwise you can burn it.
While the Vegetables are cooking I'll prepare a slurry of one teaspoon Corn Starch, One teaspoon of Caldo de Pollo, and three quarters of a cup of water.  Assemble the slurry in a one sup jar with a tight fitting lid.
Next we'll add the Smoked Chicken, Red Chile flakes, Black Pepper, and a little Sea Salt.  Then add the slurry after giving it a thorough shaking.  Let the sauce come up to a boil and stir to coat all the ingredients.
 I had prepared the white Rice earlier.  Form the Rice with a bowl, and then invert the bowl on the serving plate where you want the mound of Rice.  Then transfer the Smoked Chicken Stir Fry from the Stir Fry pan to the plate.  Now all I need is a Fortune Cookie...

No comments:

Post a Comment