Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Artichoke and Shrimp Scampi

Can you tell I bought Artichokes and Shrimp this week?  So, now we'll prepare them like a traditional Scampi.  I put a Tablespoon of Butter, and a Tablespoon of Olive Oil in a Stir Fry pan over medium heat.
Then add about half a head of Garlic, minced.  Use a lot, more if you like...
 Next go in the Artichokes, sliced a little more than the way they came.
Then we'll add the Shrimp, maybe about a quarter pound.
Keep the Garlic moving during this process.
I am going to add some Tortilla crumbs for crunch.  Typically the Scampi would have bread crumbs.
Then we'll take the Scampi and put it in an oven safe, Pyrex dish.
Add a little more Butter and some more Tortilla crumbs.
Bake it in a 500 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 5 minutes.
This time I served it with some leftover Pizza, and a cracker that I made earlier today...

No comments:

Post a Comment