Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cheeze Enchiladas

This Tex-Mex Classic is one of my favorites.  I use a Comal, which is similar to a griddle to prepare the Enchiladas.  I place the tortillas on the Comal to warm them.  When the start getting some color on the bottom, flip them over, and apply the shredded Cheeze to the tops.  Let them cook on the Comal until the Cheeze melts, then pull them off the Comal, and roll them up like Enchiladas.  I usually put three on a plate.  Then I'll cover them with my Chile con Carne, and more shredded Cheddar.  Then they will go into the meltification machine for 5 minutes at 500 degrees Fahrenheit.  When they come out of the oven I add some bias sliced Scallions on top of the Enchiladas, Yogurt Ranch dressing (like a dollop of Sour Cream), and a sliced Black Olive on the Yogurt Ranch.  On the side there is Pico de Gallo and Tortilla Chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment