Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Kale Stir Fry

I bought some Kale at Rosemeade Market last weekend, was craving noodles, and was looking for a way to integrate them.  So I decided on Stir Fried Noodles, maybe sort of like Lo Mein, but with fat Egg Noodles, so maybe more like Thai.  My cooking has gotten all fusion-ed up so its really not this or that but really just Z.Monkey Chow.
So I take sliced Onions, sliced Mushrooms, chopped Celery, and chopped Kale and Stir Fry them in some Olive Oil.  Add some Red Chile flakes, and Sea Salt.  Then in the meantime I am preparing some extra wide Egg Noodles.  The Kale is a pretty hearty leaf, and it takes a while to cook it down.  Once I have the vegetables to a cooked state I'll throw in the Egg Noodles, and finish off the Stir Fry.
Now we'll add some Asian flair in the form of Soy Sauce, and Toasted Sesame Oil.  Give it just long enough to reheat the Egg Noodles, and move it to the Noodle Bowl.
Mmmm...  Nomlishous Z.Monkey Chow....

No comments:

Post a Comment