Monday, December 19, 2011

Slow Cooker Porx

When I don't have a lot of time to spend messing with the Smoker, I use the Slow Cooker in addition to the Smoker.  I bought a Pork Shoulder Roast, but didn't want to mess with the Smoker all day.  So I started the cooking process with the Smoker, and let the roast go for about an hour in the Smoker.  Then I transferred the roast to the Slow Cooker and let it go for about eight hours on low.
This makes the Porx ultra-tender.  It is so nomlishious.  Plus there is a bonus, the Slow Cooker traps the Au Ju from the Porx.  The Au Ju is the best part of the Porx.
The Porx are literally fall apart tender when they come out of the Slow Cooker.  The roast split in half when I pulled it out of the Slow Cooker.
I pushed on the side a little and it falls apart.  To the barbeque purist this is too done.  They like a little more chew to the meat, so its not going to win any competitions.  I find it is easier to assimilate the proteins when it is cooked to this state, more easily digestible.
The bone pulled out almost totally clean.  I was taking this roast apart was in the morning, so I decided to make breakfast with it.  The meat is good all by itself, but I wanted some eggs too, and I had just made some fresh Pico de Gallo.  So I thought lets make some pulled pork breakfast tacos.
I've got a stack of Corn Tortillas, and some Wheat Flour Tortillas as well, three scrambled Eggs, and a bowl of Pico de Gallo.  Looks like we're going to need a nap after this one...

Later that day I used the Au Ju from the Slow Cooker for a Hot and Sour Brussels Sprout Soup, its another Tex-asian fusion thing.  I love Hot and Sour Soup, then we fusions it up with Brussels Sprouts.  Sorry didn't get a picture of that one, ate it too fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment