Monday, December 19, 2011

Chili Cheeze Eggs

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  You gotta get fueled up so you can work hard.  This means you need a hearty breakfast.  You have probably seen Chili Cheese Omelets, they are pretty popular, at least around here.  So I took this concept and simplified it a little.  I took three pan fried eggs, arranged them on a plate, and filled in the gaps with Chili and Cheeze.
This Chili is a mix.  Its Carroll Shelby's Championship winning ICS Chili, my favorite mix.  I use a pound of ground beef and a pound of seasoned pork.  I deviate from Shelby's recipe by adding copious quantities of green Chile and Onion.  I also have to kick it up a few notches with extra homegrown Cayenne Chiles.  That is a stack of Corn Tortillas on the side there.  Texas Sized Breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment