Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Rice and Bean Tacos

I have been making home made refried beans lately.  I make beans a lot, and use them with everything.  Converting the beans into refrieds isn't too hard.  Take some bacon lard in a small skillet, and fry the whole beans for a couple of minutes.  Then start to mash them in the pan, add some seasoning, and some of the liquid from the beans into the pan, keep mashing, and eventually you have bacon flavored mashed beans, or what I call refrieds.  They can go everywherez, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snax...  Tacos...
Remember tacos are ubiquitous, so anything goes...  I take some fresh white Corn tortillas, and schmear some Refrieds on them.  Place them on a baking sheet lined with some oiled foil.  Add some rice, I've been using brown rice lately, but any rice is good, need to try this with wild rice or a mix.  Then add some seasoning and flavoring, like red chile and sea salt...
Then add teh cheeze, in this case extra sharp shredded cheddar.  For things like nachos, tacos, pizza, etc, I keep the oven kranked, like 525 degrees Fahrenheit.  It will only take a few minutes for the tacos to become nomlishious in a hot oven...
When the tacos come out of the oven top them with some chopped Cilantro and white Onion.  Then take each one, fold it in half and move it to the plate.  I like these with some fresh lime, and a variety of sauces.  Here you see a Jalapeno puree, some red Chile sauce, a salsa made with Guajillos and Nopales, and my Ranch Yogurt dressing.  Viva la Refrieds...

No comments:

Post a Comment