Friday, October 7, 2011

Just Wok It!

The barbeque grill that I have is a Chargriller Duo.  It has a gas barbeque on one side, and a charcoal barbecue on the other side.  The charcoal side can be converted for smoking inside the box.  Then there is an option for a side fire box for cold smoking.  On the gas side the option was to add a side burner.  Its a shelf with a gas burner in it...
Over the years I have had this barbeque I have ignored the side burner almost completely.  It get used as a shelf mainly.  I have a wok, but never use it because I have an electric stove indoors.  The round bottom of the wok doesn't work well on a flat electric burner.  So I thought maybe this would work good with the side burner on the grill...
In its rough state it isn't pretty, but it looks like it fits, almost.  First I cleaned idle shelf and wok thoroughly.  The wok support is round, and just a little bigger in diameter than the burner relief in the shelf.  So I drilled some holes to anchor the wok support ring by tying it to the shelf with some heavy gauge copper wire.  The wok support isn't quite round anymore, but its stable and holds the wok well.  Now lets go and see what we have in the kitchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment