Friday, January 29, 2021

Aloe Experiment

 You might call this the unintentional Aloe Experiment.  I have this Aloe Plant that I took to work.  I had often wondered if I had damaged it, or planted it wrong because it never did well at work.  It was in a laboratory environment.  Artificial light, industrial chemicals, and a continuously chaotic environment were the normal conditions for this Aloe Plant.  It, always looked sad, and sickly.  So, I wound up taking it home thinking that it might do better there.

When I got it home I put it out in the garden for a couple months, and then it has spent another month inside because it is winter, and cold outside.  So, tonight I was putting the Aloe Plants outside in order to give them some water, and fresh air.  I noticed that this previously sickly plant was vibrant green, and had a bunch of new growth on it.  A quiet, serene environment allowed this Aloe Plant to flourish, and grow again.  If an industrial environment does this to a plant, think what it is doing to you...


1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is a syressful environment whete this plant was. Glad to see it doing well.

    ReplyDelete