Sunday, November 6, 2016

Fall Harvest 2016

Its Harvesting Time again.  I haven't been able to spend much time working on the garden lately, but its been growing none the less.  I have a light deficiency because of my Oak Tree, and I hope to rectify that soon.  This is the first year that I have grown Thai Chile, they are neat, miniature...
I have yet to try them, but I bet they have some heat.  I also grew Kung Pao Chile this year.  They did pretty good despite the lack of light.  They are a lot like Cayenne, thinner this time.
The Tomatoes did terrible.  They got largely overgrown by the Romanesco Broccoli, which also did terrible.  I'll try the Romanesco Broccoli this Fall, and Winter.  I think it will do better.  I've had a number of volunteer crucifers come up like Bok Choi, and Mustard.
The Herbs in my garden are pretty persistent like Sage, Rosemary, Thai Basil, and Parsley.  The Carrots are looking good.  Something I'm kinda concerned about is the miniature Ruellia invasion.  It's starting to grow everywhere, and I need to start transplanting it to other areas.  A friend gave me a Dragon Bean, and it has grown prolifically, but hasn't produced any Beans.  I'll try again next year after I trim back the Oak Tree.
Its tring to choke off the Kung Pao Chiles, but they are persistent, and I still got a significant harvest of Kung Pao Chile.  might be as much as a pound.  I need to harvest some Habaneros, and Carrots.  The Chile Plants might have another five or six weeks to make some more Chiles before the first freeze.  Now its time to clear out the weeks, and unproductive plants, then plant some winter vegetables like Onions, Garlic, and hearty Crucibles.

No comments:

Post a Comment