Sunday, October 9, 2016

Stuffed Bell Peppers

Yeah, I'm a Chilehead.  Last week I had a leftover burger, some rice, a little Hatch Chile, and some Vidalia Onion.  It was a leftover lunch, but reminded me of Stuffed Bell Peppers.  So I hatched (LOL) a plan to make some Stuffed Bell Peppers this weekend.  I got the stuff at Rozemeade on Saturday...
So I started with a pound of ground Beefz.  Brown it in a stir fry pan, adding the vegetation as it was cooking.  I added a chopped Vidalia Onion, a couple chopped Jalapenos. sliced Garlic, diced Tomato, Sea Salt, and ground Pepper.  Cook that down a while until nomlishous...
In the interim I sliced the tops off four Bell Peppers, and added the fleshy part of the tops to the stir fry pan.  I removed the pithy part of the Bell Peppers, and the seed pod.  There was some leftover steamed Rice that also got added to the mix, and a handful of Cheddur.
Then we stuff the Bell Peppers full of this nomlishous mix of Beefz, Cheeze, and Vegetation.  I baked them covered for 30 minutes @ 350F.  Then topped them with some more Cheeze, and finished them off with another 10 minutes in the meltification machine.  This is prep cooking for lunches during the workweek.  The people I have lunch with are going to be jealous...

No comments:

Post a Comment