Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pork Butt Breakfast Tacos

My pork butt is legendary...

I smoked a pork butt yesterday and have a lot of leftovers, it was about a 5 pound roast.  I side smoked it next to a Hickory wood fire for a couple of hours.  There are the parts of the roast that I use where I need the pork, but there are also parts of the roast I use for other things, like pork and beans.  I made a pot of Bolita beans and used the leftover auju from the roast, some of the pork meat, and the fatty connective tissue.  You want the flavor of the pork in the beans, but not a lot of meat.  We're talking leftovers, and it is the next day, so first thing we're gonna do is make some Pork Butt Breakfast Tacos.
My breakfast tacos are really pretty much standard.  A griddled corn tortilla, with cheeze, filled with a scrambled egg mixture and some pork meat.  The smoked pork butt makes them special.  This is happening on the way to work.  Why don't you just pickup breakfast tacos on the way to work?  Well, I do, but I like my homemade stuff better.  So, when I have  the time I would rather eat homemade, rather than anything from out there...
I take each taco, fold in half, not rolled, and then wrap them in aluminum foil.  This keeps them warm on the way to work.  I also bring along a cup of my Pork and Bolita beans, and some Cayenne Chile Sauce.    So yeah, making you own homemade take-out or take-with takes some time, and maybe doesn't equate efficiently to just buying some take-out on the way yo work, but they taste better, and are probably better for you then the take-out stuff.  Besides, you can't get my smoked pork butt from some restaurant out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment