Sunday, January 28, 2018

Reaper Madness

Went to Zestfest on Saturday to burn my face off.  I did indeed succeed.  A lot of the same vendors were there, but there were some I wanted to find, and not there.  Then there were some new vendors I am excited about.  Yellowbird is from Austin, and they brought some significant players to the party.  I made some Reaper Sauce last year, and I'm very attached to it.  Yellowbird has a couple sauces that reach up into the Reaper Realm, MegaScovilles, which are the Habanero Condiment, and the Ghost Pepper Condiment (Bhut Jolokia).  Then I found The Reapers at Mikey V's.  Whoa...  CaJohn's  has been at the upper end of the spectrum at Zestfest for years.  Their Execution Station is legendary.  Well, Mikey V's is a serious contender with Reaper Unleashed, and Texas Ex's which are beautifully excruciating, and well past the MegaScoville mark, excellent, five stars...  Reaper Unleashed is Reapers only, while Texas Ex's is a blend of seven chiles in the MegaScoville realm.  It's time to turn the heat up, the Reaper has arrived...

No comments:

Post a Comment