Sunday, August 31, 2014

Fried Chicken Soft Tacos

I'm gonna catch hell for this one.  Taking a southern staple, and doing the Tex/Asian Fusion on it.  Fried Chicken is ubiquitous in the South, so lets make Tacos with it...
I make my Fried Chicken a little different than the traditional way.  I start with a pan of Bacon, and render the fat to fry the Chicken.  No flour, or coatings on the Chicken other that Tony Chachere's, and Black Pepper.  Start the Chicken skin side down over medium heat for 20 minutes.  Then flip the Chicken for 20 minutes on the other side.  Finally into a 425 F over for another 10 minutes.  The skin is brown and crispy to add a little krunch to the Soft Tacos.

For the salad portion I used shredded Iceburg Lettuce, chopped Cilantro, and some slice red Onions marinated in Mirin.  I only recently started using Mirin, and its the Asian flair in the Soft Tacos.  The Salsa I am having with the Soft Tacos has Cayenne Chile, Jalapeno Chile, White Onion, Cumin, and Sea Salt in it.  I usually roast the Jalapeno Chiles before making the Salsa. this time I didn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment