Sunday, September 27, 2020

Beef Lo Mein

 I've been playing with Asian Spices again.  That and the Beefz.  Cherry wood smoked Beefz.  Homemade noodles are always better than take out.  This one is Beef, Mushroom, and Onion...

Lets look at the Beefz first.  I am not starting with raw meat.  My Grill was down when I made this so I used the Smoker.  I don't usually smoke steaks. but it was the only option this time.  This was a couple Chuck Steaks that I seasoned with my usual rub, Tony Chachere's, and Black Pepper.  Then they hung out in the Cherry Wood smoke for around an hour.

This is the next day after I prepared the Beefz, and they are cold.  This helps to make nice thin slices.  Then we need some Beef compatible vegetables.  My favorite are Mushrooms, and Onions chopped into large pieces.

This is an Asian flavored preparation, but I am still going to start with butter, and not oil.  It's a country boy thing.  Also I am using Extra Wide Egg Noodles instead of Lo Mein Noodles.  I don't like messing around with noodles that are too long.


Once the vegetation softens up, and the Egg Noodles are cooked I'll add the Beefz into the pan with the vegetation to warm it up.  Then dump in the Egg Noodles and mix them up.  The last thing is the Asian flavor.  This time I have used Soy Sauce, and toasted Sesame Seed Oil.  Itz Nomz Time...






No comments:

Post a Comment