Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Shrimp Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

I found some nice looking, medium sized Portabello Mushrooms at the store last week.  Hmmm, what can we do with them?  I don't think I had the idea of Stuffed Mushrooms in my head yet.  Grilled Portabellos seemed kinda of intriguing.  So they sat around a couple days waiting for an idea.
Then I also have a lot of Shrimp at the moment, panic buying, LOL!  So, I start pondering how I would make a Stuffed Mushroom.  I've never done that one before.  So, you gotta make stuffing, right?  Ponder that for a while...
Each one of those is a handful, big hand, full.  So, I found a recipe for Shrimp Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms to use as a baseline.  It's basically a Stuffing plus Shrimp.  You start with some vegetation, when a bread, seasoning, egg, and the Shrimp.
Remove the stems from the Mushrooms, and chop them up.  Dice some Onion, and Garlic.  Then add a little too much Butter.  This is starting almost like one of my Soups.
Gotta move everything over to the Cook Station, and throw the Butter, Onion, Mushroom Stems, and Garlic into a Fry Pan.  This is usually when I season, and flavor the vegetation with Red, and Black Pepper.
Let that cook down until it getting a little soft, then add the Bread Crumbs, Shrimp, and Egg.
Cook that until the Shrimp is starting to look a little cooked, season it a little more, and stuff the Mushrooms.
Then throw them into a hot oven for 15 minutes, and then Nom Nom Nom...  After eating them I felt like there were some things I could have done better.  I didn't use all of the recommended ingredients like cheeze.  I don't think Shellfish goes together with cheeze very well.  Plus I could have diced the vegetables, and cut the Shrimp finer.  Maybe next time it can take a ride in the Robot Coupe, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment