Saturday, September 21, 2019

Schmokin' in the middle of the night

Texas, August, yeah it's really hard to be outside when the Sun is looking at you...  So what do you do?  LOL!  Work in the middle of the night.  It's still hot, but not beat you down, relentlessly hot.  So, anyway, I'm making some smoked meats in the new Smoker, and got up around midnight to start it.
I'm making some Chicken Thighs, and a Pork Butt.  They get a nice rub with Adams Spices. I used the Texas Style Smoked Chicken Rub on the Chicken Thighs.
Then also used the Texas Style Smoked Pork Rub on the Pork Butt.  These spice mixes are very flavorful with not too much heat.  When they are mixed with the wood smoke are very flavorful, and really highlight the flavor of the meats.
Then they both go into the Smoker for an extended ride.  The Chicken was in there for a couple hours at about 225 F.  Then I let the Pork Butt ride out the rest of the fire overnight.  I pulled the Pork Butt out of the smoker the next morning, and let it ride in the Crock Pot for another couple hours.  Both the Chicken Thighs, and the Pork Butt were absolutely delicious.
Then I take my smoked meats, and integrate them into Lunch Bowls that I take to work, and sell for $3.  It's a 12 ounce portion that is about half smoked meats, and half side dish like my Frejoles del Fuego, Texacali Salad, or Mexican Rice.  They are all good, and I generally have good reviews.  Mainly the only complaint is that they are too spicy.  LOL!  Spice is Life...  Wutcha complaining about?

No comments:

Post a Comment