Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Red Chile Taco Burgers

Been having huge protein cravings after last weekend.  Must be all the overexertion and stuff.  Craving Burgers, and Tacos, I made some Tex-Mex fusion...  Red Chile Taco Burgers...

I start with 2.5 pounds of 15% lean ground beef.  Every burger needs salt and Worcestershire sauce, butz I wanting red chile.  Taco mix is basically a curry, Huh!  Wut!  Yep, its a curry...

So, I addz...

1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of cayenne chile powder
1 tablespoon of light (mild) chile powder
1 teaspoon of sea salt
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
Then to make it Red Chile, I add some homegrown Cayenne Chile, thinly sliced...
Then dump all the spices in the bowl and thoroughly mix it up with your hands...
Next step is to make patties.  I like 0.4 to 0.5 pound patties, or 6 from 2.5 pounds...
Next they hit the hardwood smoker.  Got a Hickory log in there.  Schweet!
20 minutes later we have totally nomlishous Red Chile Taco Burgers...
I am making a side of Saffron Quinoa Rice and Bhut Jolokia Salsa...
Totally Nomlishous...
BTW, the Brats were just kinda hitchhiking...

No comments:

Post a Comment