Friday, February 7, 2020

Fire Roasted Jalapeno Salsa

Fire Roasted Jalapeno Salsa is something that I have been making for a long time, maybe decades.  Ever since I got my Baby Q, and I think that was around 2005.  So, anyway this simple Salsa has a complex flavor because I Char Grill the Jalapenos, and White Onions before I add them to the Salsa.
Char Grilling adds a depth of flavor you can't get with raw vegetables.  I also rely on canned tomatoes for this Salsa.  In the middle of Winter you just can't find good tomatoes.  The ones that you do find are grown in a hot house, picked green, and are generally krunchy, so no...
The Vita Mix machine makes this easy, like 5 minutes per pint.  Add a couple slices of White Onion, and 5 Fire Roasted Jalapenos to the Vita Mix.  Then dump in a 14.5 can of Whole Tomatoes, a tablespoon of Bragg Vinegar, and a teaspoon of Sea Salt, and give it a whirl.
Last, add a handful of fresh Cilantro, and blend that in a while.  I don't spin it too much because I like a little texture in the Salsa.  The result is bright, and not too spicy.  Great for Chips, and Breakfast Tacos.  I need to try this on Enchiladas...

1 comment: