Saturday, October 5, 2019

Garlic Shrimp with Brussels Sprouts

I've been doing a lot of Food Service stuff this year, and it's hard on all the equipment I have.  I've actually had to replace a lot of it because my old equipment just failed because its old, inferior, or I just broke it.  My Smoker was 20 years old, rusted, with a broken leg, and the weekly Food Service literally killed it.  The refrigerator in the garage has been reliable for more than 30 years, and Food Service killed it.  My favorite End Grain Cutting Board broke in half, and even my Ladle broke...

So yeah, I've been pushing the limits in the Kitchen lately, but there is a complimentary side effect... I have become much better at cooking food.  And this side effect benefits me directly.  When I want to make something special, that I like, it's not a chore, or a pain, but simply a autonomic reaction.  Like, for instance, I say "I want Garlic Shrimp", and there is a little whirlwind in the kitchen, then there it is...

I love Gulf Coast Shrimp, and one of the best ways to treat it is Chinese.  Garlic Shrimp is something you can get at any Chinese Restaurant.  I put my own spin on it, of course.  Brussels Sprouts are another personal favorite.  Maybe we'll throw some Red Onions in there too.    Brown Rice?  OK...

So, on Friday Night, on a whim, and I had all the right ingredients, and made Garlic Shrimp with Brussels Sprouts.  The Stir Fry started with Butter, Olive Oil, Red Onions, and quartered Brussels Sprouts.  Then I added about six cloves of Garlic, sliced, and the ginormous Gulf Coast Shrimp.  Serve all that with a side of steamed Brown Rice, and mui nomlishous...


No comments:

Post a Comment