Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Fuego

My first batch of Hot Sauce, Fuego...
Let me elaborate...  Lets get a big bag of dehydrated chiles, and turn them into some Hot Sauce.  What does that take?  Well first we have to sort, and clean the Chile.  Then we have to take the stem, and caylex of each, and every one of the Chiles...
 All of them, like a thousand Chiles...
Then there are the seeds left over, throw then in there as well...

Then we will put all of this ina pot of water, and rehydrate them on stove in simmering water.


I going to add some Garlic to this Hot Sauce, so I peeled two heads pf Garlic, and am sauteing them in Olive Oil.  Not too brown, I want the Garlic to have a bite in the Hot Sauce.
So, after the Chiles are rehydrated, and the Garlic is sauteed we are going to combine them in the Food Processor, and turn them into sauce.  I'm going to discard the hydrating liquid, and use fresh Spring Water.  Then also I'm using Bragg Vinegar, and Sea Salt to season the Hot Sauce.
I made a spectacular mess in the kitchen doing this.  Not just making the Hot Sauce, but bottling it.
I think the viscosity is a little high, and would have used more liquid, but the Food Processor was more than totally full capacity, and even overflowed when I was trying to add more liquid, adding to the mess.  So, yeah the Hot Sauce is a little thick, but it's good.  Hot, garlicky, saline, and maybe a little too viscous.  It still gets the job done...

No comments:

Post a Comment