Sunday, July 8, 2018

Feeling the Heat

We're feeling the Heat here in North Texas.  Exotic Chiles love the Heat.  They really don't start to thrive until it gets up around 100F.  I've pruned some of my Chiles this year.  I don't usually do that, so it's a bit of an experiment.  I've harvested a few Caribbean Red Hots, and a couple Bhut Jolokias.
There are a few Cherry Bombs as well.  Over the last week I've prepared the plants for The Heat.  I pulled out all the ground cover plants, and put down a thick layer of mulch.  Also started watering heavily in the mornings.  I'm preparing the Chiles for massive vegetative growth so in the Fall they can make lots of Red Hots...
Scary Hot!  Ghost Pepper, really Bhut Jolokia...
Caribbean Red Hots are Red Savina Habaneros.

No comments:

Post a Comment