Thursday, January 31, 2019

Chili Noodle Soup

I love me my Noodles, especially when I'm feeling puny (sick).  Well this time I have a really different idea that will be very familiar, yet in execution is very different.  A popular food that is sort of a staple in the South is Chili Mac, sort of a casserole.  Well some people change that up, and make Chili Mac Soup.  These are normally made with one of those boxed foods from the Grocery store.  I'm not one to use the prepacked foodstuffz.  So, I'm changing this to Chili Noodle Soup where I make some of my homemade Chili, then turn it into Soup.
Start with the Chili.  Brown some ground Beef.  Throw in some diced Onion, and Jalapeno, and let it simmer a while.  Add some spices like Cumin, Paprika, Chile Powder, Garlic powder, Red Chile Flakes, and Sea Salt.  Add some canned Tomatoes, and Tomato sauce.  Then let that simmer down into actual Texas Red, mmmm...
Then take all of that and dump it into a stockpot.  Add a quart of Chicken stock, and bring it up to a boil.  You can use any Pasta you want really.  I've been using a fancy imported Egg Noodle lately, which were admittedly a little long for the Soup Spoon, but that is part of the fun.  After the Chili Noodle Soup comes to a boil add some Noodles.  A little, a lot, whatevar you like.  Reduce the heat to a simmer, and let the Noodles cook to tenderness that you like.  I like mine cooked a litter softer.  Harley was really whiney during this meal...

1 comment:

  1. The aroma must have filled the house,driving poor Harley mad!

    ReplyDelete