Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Black Eyed Pea Chili

Happy New Years!  There is that tradition about Black Eyed Peas on New Year Day brings Good Luck.  Well, plain 'ole Black Eyed Peas just ain't very good.  I'm sick, it's cold outside, I haven't got anything better to do then experiment with food in my kitchen.  Yeah, of course I got a pound of dry Black Eyed Peas at the Grocery Store last week, that is an impulsive New Year staple.  The challenge is to make them into something I actually want to eat, being sick, and all I don't really feel like eating.
Well, lets see here.  I have a can of stewed Tomatoes.  There is also a half pound of roasted New Mexico Chiles.  We can kick that up a notch with some Red Onion, and Garlic.  Now gotta have some Chili stuff like Paprika, Red Chile Flakes, and Cumin.  Throw in some Sea Salt, and Cracked Black Pepper.  I used some Chicken Bullion with the Water when I hydrated the Black Eyed Peas.  After experimenting with this for a day, New Years Eve, I think I have achieved Black Eyed Pea Chili perfection.  Then after setting for a while to let the flavors meld, I had the Black Eyed Pea Chili epiphany, Waaah...  Nomlishous nomnoms...

No comments:

Post a Comment