Monday, November 28, 2011

Ale Pizza Doh

The idea to use Ale to make Pizza Doh wasn't too bad.  I could probably work with this a little more, and make it better.  I made the basic Doh with 12 ounces of Ale instead of Water.  It is certainly more yeasty.  It rises more while cooking.  The basic recipe is 12 ounces of Ale, 2 teaspoons of Sea Salt, 2 teaspoons of granulated Sugar, 2 teaspoons of bread machine Yeast, and 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil.  Combine all the ingredients in the Stand Mixer bowl, and knead with a Doh Hook for 10 minutes.  After kneading oil the Doh Ball, and place in a oiled bowl to proof for an hour at room temperature, or place in the refrigerator to be used within a few day.  I put mine in the fridge for a day before I used it, and the Doh doubled in size...
I didn't get any finished shots of this Doh.  I had peeps over, and was busy making pizzas and stuffz...

No comments:

Post a Comment