Saturday, December 26, 2020

Wagyu Beef Chili off the cuff

 OK, here we go...  Sick of making holiday food...  Sick of eating holiday food...  I'm launching into the New Year with Wagyu Beef.  Wagyu Beef is American Kobe Beef, like in Japan.  You will pay an enormous sum of money for a Kobe Steak, here or in Japan.  Well this is locally raised, and mass raised Wagyu Beef, right here in the Southwestern United States, and it is not nearly as expensive.  I've tried it as Cheezeburgers, and it's great.  So, lets make Chili with it...

It's ground beef, so we are going to treat it like normal Chili.  There is a slightly higher fat content.
As we are browning the Wagyu Beef I will season it liberally with the salt shaker, and add diced onions.

As it close to browned I'll add some diced Garlic, and keep seasoning with the salt shaker.

Next dump in some diced Tomatoes.  Typically I would add some diced green Chile as well.

You gotta has some Masa in the Chili, so this time I am using yellow Corn Tortillas.

Then add the spicy dry ingredients.  This is my usual Chili Spice Mix, Carroll Shelby's.  And a little more Red Chile Flakes.  I omitted the Green Chile, so gotta haz a little more Red Chile...

Next I add some Tomato Sauce, and a little water.  Keep tasting, and seasoning, gotta get the salinity right.


The final thing is Beer.  Then we'll let this simmer down for a while.  The Alcohol in the Beer brings the Nightshade Plant Flavors out, like the Tomato, and the Chile.  Chili absolutely has to have Chile, Tomato, Masa, and Beer.  It just doesn't taste correct without those ingredients.  We'll let it simmer down for a couple hours, and then have a Fiesta...  Viva la Wagyu Beef Chili...



No comments:

Post a Comment