Sunday, October 11, 2026

Southwest Corner

 This corner of the house has been on my blog before because of the Brambles.  My neighbor calls the Devil Weed.  Yeah, I can relate because wild Berry plants are very thorny.  This started as my annual clean out the brambles event, but I wond up refreshing the whole corner.


 There was a very large Euonymus taking up this whole corner.  I dialed it back considerably to take off dead wood, and try to invigorate the plant.  Growing out of that same space I have two Hearty Hibiscus plants.  The pink and purple one is heartier than the white one.  The Hibiscus flowers are heavy, and cause the whole plant to bend over.

I also found another Hearty Hibiscus over buy the Yeopan Holly, and a Nandina.  The start of the job was to take out the Brambles, and I was a little more thorough this time going after the roots.  Then, in that process, I am pulling weeds in general, and sometimes that includes a lot of volunteer plants.  The Ruellias are always happy to grow into space that is not for them.  The Yeopan Hollies are the same, going wherever they want.  Then I added the red mulch to give a finished look.  The garden stuff is never finished, were just sprucing it up a little, then it will grow back into a mess...  LOL!



No comments:

Post a Comment