Saturday, January 23, 2021

Z.Tec.US Chipotle Hot Sauce

 This is not really something new for me.  My Hot Sauce fascination spans many decades.  But, this time I am making my own Hot Sauce.  Over the past year and a half I have been experimenting with different flavors, and heat levels.  I've made many, and gave them to the people I know, and they give me feedback.  I generally get that people don't like the Super Hot Sauces like Carolina Reaper, Trinidad scorpion, and Red Savina Habanero.  They are just too hot.  There are other things to consider in a Hot sauce as well like overall flavor, acidity, and salinity.  It is a delicate balance to make a good Hot Sauce.

So, I think I have finally found that delicate balance.  A little heat, a little sweet, a little sour, and a balanced level of salinity.  The salinity is probably the most important.  Salt is something that your bodies need, and if it is missing the taste is wrong.  Also if the Hot Sauce is too salty you won't like the taste either, or you'll need a lot of water.  Balance is the key to good Hot Sauce.




No comments:

Post a Comment