Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Chili Fresco

I had the opportunity to use the box, and decided not to.  Its the end of summer so I'm making Chili with as many fresh ingredients as possible.  I have some Hatch Chiles from Rosemeade Market.  Also there are the fresh Cayenne Chiles out of my garden.
So the meat base of my Chili is a pound of 73/27 ground beef, and a pound of hot breakfast Sausage.  Brown the meats in a stock pot, and add some Sea Salt.  With the Chili Fresco we want to add the flavorings quickly to the browning meat.
Add a diced medium sized Onion and 5 or 6 cloves of minced Garlic.
Add 5 Cayenne Chiles chopped.
I didn't have the canned Tomatoes I usually use, and substituted two large fresh Tomatoes, diced.
Then go in the Hatch Chiles, diced, with stems and seeds removed.
Then there are a couple things to be added to make it more Chili like.  Namely Cumin.
Finally, Paprika, to give it a deep red color.  That's it, Chili Fresco...
Let it simmer for a while, maybe add a little moisture, like Ale.
Chili Cheeze Eggs...

No comments:

Post a Comment